Friday, September 18, 2009

Football Weekend

We are in Texas for a football weekend. Our first stop after getting off of the airplane was Pancho's where Mark joined us for a "delicious" lunch! Pictures were taken, but we forgot the picture down loader, so all pictures from this week end will be put on Sunday afternoon after we get back home.

Before we went to the high school football game, we stopped at the Lufkin Bar B Que Bar where we HAD to have some of their famous fried rolls.


We went to see the Lufkin Pathers play the Longview Lobos tonight and the Panthers were victorious over the #1 team in the state in 4A. Here are some shots from the game...Panther Pride drill team...


Could only get 1/3 of the twirlers in the shot!

Band was never in a tight shot.



After the game, we went by Sid and Deb's where we also got to visit with Jeff and Bethany...the girls were already down for the evening.


Saturday found us in College Station for the game between the Texas A&M Aggies and the Utah State Aggies. Of course, we had to eat and Rudy's was our choice for another round of bar b que.

After we ate, it was time to head to campus so we could participate in the pregame activities.
Payne climbed a rock wall, but those pictures are on my camera and I have no idea how to get them to the computer. But trust me, he did a great job!

Here is the team on the field singing "The Spirit."


The fly-over was by Harriers who are from a Marine base in Yuma, AZ. This is a "missing man" formation in honor of the MIAs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay -- Mark called me a moron for not noticing that he was the Mark on the blog. I thought it was the Ponchos in Humble but I really didn't think that it was my Mark. Oh well -- Do you think that it was nice of him to call me a moron for not figuring it out. I think that I'll put something in his meal when I cook this week. :)

Sonya